Sunday, August 03, 2008

Helensburgh Half

Really pleased at my performance in the Helensburgh Half today. It's the first time I have run the distance since my injury. I was lucky in that Marina ran with me -- we decided on 7.30 pace and crossed the line in just over 1.40 -- hand in hand -- hope someone got the picture. The actual pace was 7.33 a mile -- not bad !! Conditions were pretty awful, constant torrential rain and a stiff breeze which always seemed to be blowing in our faces. Marina is a great pacer. Neither of us were near our PBs but that was not the goal for either of us. Marina is training for a 43 mile ultra next week on the West Highland Way and I wanted to complete the distance at a decent, consistent pace with no injuries -- job done for both of us !!! Pic courtesy of Richard's missus.
PS Managed a warm-up and a quick chat with Stevie and got a lift from Shona and Lorna my old marathon buddies -- great to catch up with Lorna, missing her at training nights.

No comments: