Monday, August 25, 2008

Bute Highland Games


Grand day out -- Doon the Watter at Rothesay for the Bute Highland Games. 19 Bellas took part in the 10k foot race. It was a bit special as we were part of the actual games -- starting on the running track right in the centre of the event, surrounded by highland dancers, caber tossers and hammer throwers. A good flattish out and back course, though we did have to negotiate our way round a few pub crowds and day trippers. I finished 38th in 43.59. By no means my fastest 10k time but I was really happy. I felt I ran really well, a good steady fastish pace. Slightly faster on the way out as there was a fierce headwind on the return which noticeably slowed us down. That's reflected in the Garmin results -- mile 5 was a good half minute slower than any of the others. Definitely on the calendar for next year -- and great PB potential on a calmer day. Thanks to Carla for the group pic.

No comments: